New View Society is a not for profit providing programs and services for adults living with mental health issues. Our One Stop Assembly Social Enterprise program is looking for an 18 hour per week, one year contract position of Production Assistant. There is potential for it to become a permanent position.
Duties may include:
- Working with the production team as assembly worker in packaging of various products: berries, rice, assembling tin ties on coffee bags, cookie packaging and other assembly work as needed.
- Taking on shift supervisor role frequently, and coordinator of projects on occasion.
- Assisting in preparing work area.
- Assisting with training new team members
- Working with companies in determining their assembly needs, criteria and standards, and with our program staff set up processes and quality control of new contracts.
- Assisting the Projects Coordinator with record keeping, correspondence, coordinating pick up and drop off of product, and scheduling of assembly staff for shifts
- Other support within Clubhouse programming.
- An interest in production work
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable with computers for e-mail; research, correspondence, reports and recordkeeping.
- Quality control and accuracy
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs / 18kg
- Food Safe Certificate or willing to attend training
- Experience with supervision of staff and administrative work a definite asset.
- Well organized- ability to be flexible for job that is always changing and growing
- Assist with training new team members
- Easy going and have good communication skills
- Criminal record check required
To request full copy of job description or apply for the position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org