Job Coach/Vocational Worker- 20 hours weekly
We offer flexibility, competitive benefits and matched RRSPs.
We are a growing Non-Profit society based in Port Coquitlam that offers its employees our core values of: integrity, respect, inclusiveness, caring and trust.
The Company: New View Society prides itself on a positive workplace culture and a valued reputation in our community. We are known for the great care we take with our clients and employees alike.
- We believe in creating an environment for growth and recovery for people challenged by mental illness through:
- Supporting an individual’s choice to live, work, learn and be part of their community.
- Promoting recovery in a friendly, safe and supportive environment for individuals affected by mental illness in the Tri-Cities.
- Being a flexible and caring Society dedicated to mental wellness.
- Providing housing, employment, social and personal growth opportunities.
The Position: We’re looking for a Job Coach to join our vocational team in the Lodges at Riverview 20 hours a week. We are recruiting for this unique opportunity to work within a psycho- social rehabilitation environment
Job Coaching – within a Tertiary care environment providing 1:1 support for various employment related tasks. The ideal goal is to provide employment opportunities for those living with barriers. We are seeking a candidate who enjoys working side by side and connecting with a client group this may involve sorting recycling, folding linen, washing vehicles, and other such entry level employment options. This work includes seeking out employment opportunities for residents in the community at large.
- We offer extended health benefits, EFAP, matched RRSP, three weeks’ vacation to start and flexibility.
- We also have ongoing staff development when available.
- Diploma in social services or related discipline: minimum two-year course of studies.
- Job coaching experience
- Must have a current unrestricted Class 4 driving license and willing to drive 15 passenger vehicles.
- Must have a reliable vehicle for transporting clients to job sites
- Additional training in Psychosocial Rehabilitation is an asset.
- Food safe certification is an asset.
- Hold a current First Aid and C.P.R. certificate is an asset.
- Effectively work within a multi-disciplinary team environment that encompasses all employees of the New View Society, the Lodges at Riverview and supporting agencies.
- Ensure that all appropriate paperwork, record keeping, and reports (oral and written) are completed as required.
- Ensure an up-to-date knowledge of rehabilitation through on-going professional development (minimum of 2 days/year).
- Must be willing and able to work evenings & weekends.
- Must be physically (ability to lift 50 lbs.) and mentally able to complete all required job tasks.
- Must be free of job related criminal record
Why Should You Apply?
- Positive workplace culture.
- Extended Health, paid sick days and competitive wage based on Experience.
- Opportunity for professional development.