New View Society is a not for profit providing programs and services for adults living with mental health issues. We are looking for a 21 hour per week, permanent part-time position for buildings maintenance and grounds care of the Society’s properties. This position will report to the Rehabilitation and Resource Manager.
Duties may include:
- Inspection of, arranging for, and supplementation of grounds & building maintenance, ensuring that interior and exterior of all society properties are well maintained.
- Coordinate maintenance and repair of equipment, tools and fixtures.
- Follow up and troubleshoot on call issues and other building concerns.
- Property and Asset Maintenance and Risk Management.
- Maintain inventory, ordering tools, equipment and materials.
- Administrative duties related to upkeep of buildings and equipment.
- Assisting with other duties such as purchasing, assembling, renovating, repairs, cleaning, organizing, researching, installing,
- Coordinating professionals such as locksmiths, electricians, etc. and other like duties.
- Hourly wage plus group insurance benefits after 3 months of full time employment.
- Potential for future advancement and for full time for the right person.
- Education, knowledge and/or aptitude for above duties
- Must have a current class 5 driver’s license and have own vehicle (willingness to obtain class 4 unrestricted license is a definite asset.)
- Physically fit and able to adapt to physical working conditions.
- Must be free of a job related criminal record.
- Respectful to tenant needs.
- Knowledge of building systems, and ease with communication systems such as computer server, telephone, cable and/or video surveillance a definite asset.
To request full copy of job description or apply for the position, e-mail email@example.com