We offer flexibility, competitive benefits and matched RRSPs.
We are a growing Non-Profit society based in Port Coquitlam that offers its employees our core values of: integrity, respect, inclusiveness, caring and trust.
The Company: New View Society prides itself on a positive workplace culture and a valued reputation in our community. We are known for the great care we take with our clients and employees alike.
* We believe in creating an environment for growth and recovery for people challenged by mental illness through:
* Supporting an individual’s choice to live, work, learn and be part of their community.
* Promoting recovery in a friendly, safe and supportive environment for individuals affected by mental illness in the Tri-Cities.
* Being a flexible and caring Society dedicated to mental wellness.
* Providing housing, employment, social and personal growth opportunities.
The Position: We’re looking for Community Mental Health worker to join our Clubhouse team. The pay range we are offering starts at $18.00 or higher and is dependent on experience and assets.
* We offer extended health benefits, EFAP, matched RRSP, three weeks’ vacation to start and flexibility.
* We also have ongoing staff development when available.
* Diploma in social services or related discipline: minimum two-year course of studies.
* Must have a current unrestricted Class 4 driving license and willing to drive 15 passenger vehicles.
* Additional training in Psychosocial Rehabilitation is an asset.
* Food safe certification is an asset.
* Hold a current First Aid and C.P.R. certificate is an asset.
* Effectively work within a team environment that encompasses all employees of the New View Society and supporting agencies.
* Participate in all aspects of programming (Kitchen, Computers, Supported Employment, etc.).
* Ensure that all appropriate paperwork, record keeping, and reports (oral and written) are completed as required.
* Ensure an up-to-date knowledge of rehabilitation through on-going professional development (minimum of 2 days/year).
* Must be willing and able to work evenings & weekends.
* Must be physically (ability to lift 50 lbs.) and mentally able to complete all required job tasks.
* Must be free of job related criminal record.
* Must have the ability to work with co-workers in a team environment.
Why Should You Apply?
* Positive workplace culture.
* Extended Health and competitive wage.
* Opportunity for professional development.